Wednesday, December 5, 2007

PokerStars Blogger Tournament 2007

Having finished in October, The PokerStars Blogger Texas Hold'em Tournament isn't exactly the freshest online poker news, but I received a couple of emails asking me why I didn't enter the event under this blog's banner.

I'd like to think they are kidding, but just in case...

I like my accounts at PokerStars. They make me money. They make Pokerstars money as well, and they don't seem to mind if the poker bot accounts hang around there playing poker and multi-tabling for 4-5 hours a day. I'm not going to shoot off a flare gun for Stars security, however. The anti-bot crowd would love to find my identity and out me on two plus two or some other major forum. I'd get banned and setting up new accounts, proxies, etc is a real pain in the ass. In fact, if you could guarantee I'd win the entire tournament, I'd still pass. $12k isn't worth it. It's not even close.

Anyway, here are the top 9 finishers from the event complete with links to their respective poker blogs if you want to take a look. Let them see their hits come from an online poker bot blog...It'll make them nervous.

Congratulations to LParreira. As I stare at snow on the ground, that Caribbean Adventure package looks like heaven.

LParreira (Portugal) — $12,000 PokerStars Caribbean Adventure package
mathwise (Canada)
lborba (Brazil)
ulan-ude (United States)
Abellyus (France)
NileFever (United Kingdom)
stakaman1962 (Greece)
BoreN =P (Norway)
fourflushers (United States)